Thursday, November 19, 2009

How I quit smoking without any books and lotions

I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for several years. Smoked before breakfast and after dinner. In the plane, in the car on the train.
At university I ran to the smoking room in the middle of the lecture. Hardly diploma course, I like scalded with boiling water, ran into the yard, not even sharing his impressions with tomivshimisya audience peer under the door.
And once on a business trip on a military airfield in Yakutia lit, sitting on a barrel of kerosene (I have no idea how to play with fire, because he did not know that there, in a barrel).
In the evenings, trying rubbed away with a piece of soap yellow plaque with fingers and zazhevat some way to the nasty feeling of kitty litter in his mouth, I wanted to leave a stupid habit. Even painted once on a sheet of graph paper, which will reduce the number of cigarettes per day. But with each new morning - again, click the Swedish lighters and a little lightheaded after the first delay.
Why could not I stop? Perhaps it was a pity to part with smoke, brightens up the working day. It's a whole ceremony! It is not helped any agreement with his friends "thrown together", or all sorts of substitutes for nicotine in abundance sold in pharmacies and stalls.
Each time, smoking herbal cigarettes without nicotine (the manufacturer said that so you can unlearn the drug, but with the psychological dependence is then the right), I spit it with the wild-loathing. Whether business - fighting throat strong "Gitanes" without the filter. Well, or at least regular Marlboros.
Penultimate my attempt to quit smoking - a fashionable book Alain Carr. I began reading and stopped at the 17 th page. And not because I was scared.
Simply become ... boring. I imagined that almost all 200 pages of just me and will brainwash and zombie ... Ugh, how disgusting.
If they do not help a magic book, so hopefully more than anyone. Month I was ready, chose to part with a cigarette the day before the long weekend, so do not be tempted to working smoking room. Said to himself: "I do not want!" ...
's All. Neither lomok, nor torment, nor Jora at night. Only eat candy at first, to reassure reflexes. But this habit a couple of weeks got rid of.
Since then, I do not smoke already 2,5 years. I know for sure: when the smoker justifies his habit or fear rastolstet that fears of a nervous breakdown, this man is deceiving in the first place itself.
In fact, quitting is easy. Do not need no book, no assistance to drug addiction, or a health warning, not even a smoker's throat pictures on the cover of a pack of cigarettes. One needs only desire. But when he is not - nothing will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment